OKLAHOMA JUNIOR ACADEMY OF SCIENCE
OJAS State Contest Instructions
All dates are on the Regional Schedule page
Physical Sciences building, East Central Oklahoma, Ada, Oklahoma
Students who are certified to present at the State OJAS Contest must:
1. Send one electronic copy and four readable, double-spaced, hard copies of their research papers with the Official Registration Page to: Dr. Ken Andrews, East Central University, Department of Biology , 1100 East 14th Street, Ada, Oklahoma 74820. These need to be received as stated on the Regional Schedule page. If there are any questions or problems contact Dr. Andrews at East Central University at the numbers below. One of the four copies must be an original document and have the original Online Official Registration Page. Please staple your papers in the upper left hand corner. Covers are not required.
2. ONLY ELECTRONIC COPIES that have been submitted in specific format will be considered for publishing on the OAS/OJAS home page. All material should be on a standard CD-R 700 MB-80 Min. Compact Disk or a flash drive. If a flash drive is used it will NOT BE RETURNED. The text should be in Word (.doc or .docx) and you can include a PDF file also at your discretion. All graphics submitted should be in the *.GIF or *.JPEG format. We now use PDF formatting for the papers being placed on the website. If you supply the required formats we will try and reproduce your paper on the screen as close as the real page as possible. You are welcome to log on to the home page and see what the finished product will look like.
Flash drives are allowed but will not be returned.
3. Be sure to include an abstract. This is very important as it will be used by the State Contest and all abstracts that are properly submitted may be published in an electronic form in the Transactions of the Oklahoma Junior Academy of Science.
4. Note that only a LCD projector hooked up to an IBM computer running Microsoft Office will be available for use during these presentations. If you want to use PowerPoint slides, you should bring a backup copy of the presentation on a different media format incase something is wrong with your CD. If any other type of audiovisual equipment is needed it is the student’s responsibility to talk to the OJAS State Contest Director.
5. Note the written research papers, which are being submitted, will be read at the State OJAS meeting by the same panel of judges who will hear the oral presentations. Oral presentations at the State OJAS Meeting are scheduled for Thursday afternoon and all day Friday
as described on the Regional Schedule page of the OJAS website
OJAS State Director
- Dr. Rahmona Thompson, East Central University, Department of Biology, PMB B-3, 1100 East 14th Street, Ada, Oklahoma 74820, e-mail email@example.com Office Phone (580) 559-5495
JAS State Contest Director Dr. Ken Andrews,
East Central University, Department of Biology, 1100 East 14th Street, Ada, Oklahoma 74820, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Office Phone (580) 559-5496